What is Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy is a healthcare profession aimed at the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of sport and lifestyle related injuries and physical problems.
It focuses on the musculo-skeletal (muscle and bone) structures of the body.
Sports Therapists are trained to:
- Assess and examine the musculo-skeletal system
- Give immediate attention and advice on injuries
- Use massage and other physical therapies to treat pain
- Implement treatment and rehabilitation programmes to assist recovery
- Plan for injury prevention